Being delivered on:
Tuesday, 23rd of October, 2018
Location: St Martin of Tours
318-320 St Paul’s Road
London N1 2LF
£130 £99 per person
Lunch and refreshments provided. Book Here
This course is being delivered jointly by Tony D’Agostino & Emma Bond (MA), Consultant.
New figures indicate that approximately 3.4 million children in the UK live with at least one binge drinking parent, 2.6 million live with a hazardous drinker and around 1 million live with a parent who uses illicit drugs.
• Overview of substances (includes alcohol, crack, heroin and commonly used NPS)
• Impact of drugs on families
• Implications for children
• Provision of need for children – asking the right questions
• Assessing the impact of drugs on parenting capacity
• Risk Factors
• Protective factors, treatment, support and making appropriate referrals
Aim & Objectives
• To increase knowledge and awareness of parental drug misuse
• To improved confidence in identifying and dealing with cases of hidden harm
• Understanding responsibilities when working with a parent / s who use drugs / alcohol
• Identifying risk and assess the impact drugs and alcohol can have on parenting capacity
• Increase protective factors for parents and children
• Improved knowledge of signposting routes to help address identified hidden harm
The course will be accompanied by an online training package and certificate on completion of the training.