Ecstasy can come in a pill, capsule, powder or crystal. Ecstasy has a variety of street names and they are commonly named by the stamp they carry on the tablet. Since Ecstasy is synthesized in laboratories, its purity can vary substantially from lab to lab, and other compounds are easily combined into the same tablet.
A one day MDMA (Ecstasy) training course. The course covers;
- History of Ecstasy.
- Current world and UK situation.
- Who is using ecstasy.
- Types of ecstasy.
- How ecstasy works.
- Health and psychiatric implications.
- Harm reduction
Aims and objectives
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the issues relating to ecstasy use.
- Increase knowledge of how ecstasy is used and the effects upon individual’s physiology and neurology.
- Understand the possible affects on health.
- Increase confidence in working with this client group.
- Increase competence in working with this client group.
Drug and alcohol national occupational standards
- AA1 Recognise indications of substance misuse and refer individuals to specialists.
- HSC233 Relate to, and interact with, individuals.
- HSC3111 Promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals.
- AB2 Support individuals who are substance users.
- HSC33 Develop your own knowledge and practice.
- AD1 Raise awareness about substances, their use and effects.