A one day course focusing on ITEP Mapping and how to implement this into recovery-orientated care planning. Participants can be from a variety of services or new to the field. Former participants have include drug workers, managers, social workers, volunteers and students.
- Build the therapeutic relationship.
- Build engagement with the care planning process.
- Identify, set and agree initial treatment goals.
- Work with clients to refine treatment goals.
- Work with clients to develop recovery capital.
- Initiate and maintain changes in substance use ( lapse / relapse).
- Work with clients as they exit formal treatment.
Aims and objectives
This introductory level study day will give participants a basic understanding of ITEP and node link mapping tools and offers attendees the opportunity to practice using these tools with other learners.
- Describe the role of ITEP and node link mapping tools.
- Demonstrate how to use some basic mapping techniques.
- Identify how they would implement these principles into their practice.
- Identify how they would implement theses principles into recovery-orientated care planning.
Drug and alcohol national occupational standards
- HSC233 Relate to, and interact with, individuals.
- HSC3111 Promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals.
- AB2 Support individuals who are substance users.
- HSC33 Develop your own knowledge and practice.